Industry Codes of Practice Links
NZ METAL ROOF & WALL CLADDING Code of Practice
Available by free download from the NZ Metal Roofing Manufacturers' Inc website: www.metalroofing.org.nz
TORCH-ON MEMBRANE Code of Practice
The Code of practice for Torch-On Membrane Systems for Roofs and Decks published 2008 is available for free download from the Waterproofing Membrane Association website: www.membrane.org.nz
HEALTH & SAFETY COMPLIANCE GUIDELINES
View or download from the Ministry's website: www.dol.govt.nz
Find a Member
Member Quick Search (by name)
- ROOFLINK - latest issue out now
- MBIE Labour Group's height safety campaign one year on, is resulting in a radical culture change within the building & construction industry. Enforcement is tightening up. The 'stragglers' need to get their act together!
- Worksafe New Zealand, a new crown agency, is to be established in December 2013 to replace the MBIE Labour Group and assume oversight of the health and safety system.
- A new Health and Safety at Work Bill will be entered into the House by December 2014. When passed it will become a new Act and will replace the Health & Safety in Employment Act 1992. The Bill proposes to adapt the Australian Model Law which provides for a range of compliance and regulatory tools and introduce a hierachy of offences and corresponding penalties. This will result in a tiered penalty regime and an increase in maximum penalties including up to five years imprisonment for the most serious offences.
- Wellington craftsman roofer Erich Stocker of Aquaheat New Zealand Ltd wins the prestigious RANZ Roofing Excellence Award for 2013.
- Town & Country Roofing Ltd, Christchurch - Installer Chris Meldrum take out the RANZ Professionalism in Metal Tile Roof Installation Award for 2013. NOMINATIONS NOW BEING CALLED for the 2014 Award.
- New government dedicated website for LBPs launched http://www.business.govt.nz/lbp.